UPDATE: The Keyboard Concerts Series presents the eminent Russian pianist Vladimir Feltsman at 3 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 22, in the Fresno State Concert Hall. He will replace the previously scheduled Peter Serkin, who was forced to cancel his appearance due to illness.
This concert is held in conjunction with the Philip Lorenz Memorial Keyboard Concert Series, and is the third concert of this year’s concert season. Feltsman will perform works by Brahms and Rachmaninoff.
An artist of immense range and insight, this Russian pianist is recognized as one of the most imaginative and constantly interesting musicians of our time. First prize winner of the 1971 Marguerite Long International Piano Competition in Paris, Vladimir Feltsman is a regular guest with leading orchestras and appears on the world’s most prestigious concert series. His numerous recordings for labels such as Sony Classical span repertoire from Bach to Messiaen.
Upcoming on the 2017-18 Keyboard Concerts calendar:
- 8 p.m. Friday, Nov. 10 — Daniel Hsu
- 3 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 7 — organist Kimberly Marshall, co-sponsored with the San Joaquin Valley Chapter of the American Guild of Organists
- 8 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 14 — Yefim Bronfman
- 3 p.m. Sunday, March 11 — Barry Douglas
- 8 p.m. Friday, April 27 — Jeremy Denk
- 3 p.m. Sunday, May 20 — Juho Pohjonen
Keyboard Concerts also co-sponsors several special events during the year, in conjunction with the International Chamber Music Series:
- 8 p.m. Friday, March 2 — Chilingirian String Quartet
- 3 p.m. Sunday, April 8 — Alexander String Quartet
General admission is $25, seniors $18, and students $5. For ticket reservations and other information, call (559) 278-2337.
Parking for the concert is available in Lot C (corner of Shaw and Maple avenues).
For more information, please visit keyboardconcerts.com.