Large-scale photographs by grad student Sara Deasy will be featured in her master’s Grad Show, the first exhibition of the fall semester in the Phebe Conley Art Gallery at Fresno State.
The exhibition consists of 10 44-by-66-inch prints in the main gallery space, and 12 12-by-18-inch black-and-white images in the back portion of the gallery. Deasy’s artist statement gives her perspective on her works:
“I thrive trying to share my interpretive visualization of our fears, inhibitions, desires, hopes and beliefs as human beings. This series is my visualization of how memory works. Throughout our lives we collect, memories based on experiences, and emotions; some good, some bad, and some that can never be freed from our cognizance. Memories pile up over time, and some start to collect dust in the outer regions of our minds, and many get lost among life’s chaos. Other memories are new and freshly placed on top of everything, sometime blurring the old forever or only allowing a faint glimpse of the past to be seen.”
Deasy’s exhibition will be on display from Monday, Aug. 28, through Friday, Sept. 1. A reception will be held from 5 to 8 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 31.
Here is the schedule for this fall’s other exhibitions:
- Charles Shields, Monday, Sept. 11, through Friday, Sept. 29.
- Talk from 3:30 to 5 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 14; reception from 5 to 8 p.m. following the talk.
- “The Other Eye On Afghanistan,” an exhibition of photographs by Farzana Wahidy, Monday, Oct. 9 through Thursday, Oct. 26.
- Talk from 3:30 to 5 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 12 in Peters Business Auditorium, Room 191; reception from 5 to 8 p.m. following the talk.
- The CineCulture film screening at 5:30 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 20, will feature “Frame by Frame,” with a discussion by Wahidy.
- Pam Flores, M.A. Grad Show, Thursday, Nov. 9 through Friday, Nov. 17, opening reception from 5 to 8 p.m. Nov. 9.
- Student Art Show, Friday, Nov. 30 through Friday, Dec. 8, opening reception from 5 to 8 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 30.
The Phebe Conley Art Gallery is open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Mondays through Fridays during exhibitions, excluding holidays.