“French B.A. and Beyond” is a lecture series dedicated to exploring the many applications and opportunities that come with a French degree. The talks feature a diverse group of speakers, including successful Fresno State alumni and other professionals who have leveraged their French degrees to achieve success in a variety of fields. They will share their experiences and insights on how a French degree can open doors to exciting and fulfilling opportunities.
Whether you are a current French student, a recent graduate, or someone interested in the language and culture, you are invited on this journey of discovery and exploration.
All of the lectures are between 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. in the Resnick Student Union, room 206, unless otherwise noted. The series is also available on Zoom, meeting ID: 847 5138 2250.
- March 29 – “Voice AI and Women Entrepreneurship” with Dr. Joan Palmiter Bajorek in Engineering East 180.
- April 12 – “Enhancing Customs Business Processes Across Multiple Countries” with Leslie Damien Hille
- April 19 – “Multilingualism and Intercultural Experience in the Global Workplace” with Alyssa Hance.
- April 26 – “Multilingual Learning: Strategies for Engaging and Effective Instructional Design in Diverse Global Contexts” with Dr. Merica McNeil.
- May 3 – “Second Language Acquisition and Teaching” with Francis Larson.
The talks are a collaboration between the French program and the French club, le Cercle Français.
ChatGPT contributed to this story.