A short time ago, we proudly watched our students become alumni of Fresno State’s College of Arts and Humanities in a live commencement at Bulldog Stadium. They now move on to find the next chapter in their lives. Some will look for jobs while others will continue their education.
In this post, we celebrate and congratulate those recent alums who have found their path forward.
- Megan Evans has a new job as Wardrobe Supervisor at the Sierra Repertory Theatre.
- MCJ Broadcast/Multiplatform Journalism major Ashley Carter accepted a position as a multimedia journalist at KEPR in the Tri-Cities area of Washington.
- MCJ Broadcast/Multiplatform Journalism major Cassadie Lopez accepted a position as a newscast producer at News 4 in Reno, Nevada.
- MCJ Broadcast/Multiplatform Journalism major Ishshah Padilla completed her degree in Fall 2020 and is currently a news producer at KTVL in Medford, Oregon.
- MCJ Broadcast/Multiplatform Journalism major Mayra Franco completed her degree in Fall 2020 and is currently a Multimedia Journalist (MMJ) at ABC57 in South Bend, Indiana.
- MCJ Broadcast/Multiplatform Journalism major Daisy Ramirez completed her degree in Fall 2020 and is currently a weekend radio host at Q97 in Fresno.
- MCJ Digital Journalism major Peter Lopez has accepted a digital producer position at FOX26 in Fresno.
- With a fresh M.A. in Violin Performance, Sarine Topaldjikian will start her new job as a Strings Specialist at Clovis Unified School District this fall.
- With a fresh MFA in Creative Writing, Nou Her just started her new job as a copywriter at the Valley Animal Center.
- MCJ Pubic Relations major Noor Sabharwal began her job as a marketing coordinator for Impact Healthcare several weeks before receiving her degree.
- Andrew Vance will pursue his master’s degree in music performance at Indiana University Bloomington.
- Student of Distinction for the Department of Linguistics, Dymond Lowe, will pursue her M.A. in Speech Pathology at San Diego State.
- Reem Saleh finished her M.A. this semester and has been accepted into a Ph.D. program in Linguistics at UC Santa Cruz.
- While he will finish his M.A. this fall, Sho Akamine is already accepted into the Ph.D. program at the Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics at Radboud University Nijmegen in the Netherlands.
- Student of Distinction for the Department of Theatre and Dance, Teya Juarez, will pursue her M.A. in Theatre Studies at Villanova University in Pennsylvania.
- With a new B.A. in Violin Performance, Yuliya Hess will pursue her M.A. at Fresno State.
- Vanessa Vera Rojas graduated with a B.A. in Spring 2020 and continues her education in an M.A. program at Arizona State University.
- After receiving a B.A. in philosophy, Chifumnanya Enunwa plans to pursue a master’s degree in Public Administration from the Criminal Justice Program at San Diego State University.
- Guy Barnes just received his B.A. in Liberal Arts and now plans to attend Georgetown’s School of Continuing Studies.
- As an undergraduate, she was a President’s Medalist, and she just received her M.A. in Communication. Primavera Leal Martinez is now headed to the University of California, Berkeley Law in the fall.
- With a freshly minted M.A. in Communication, Isabella Flores is headed to an Arizona State University doctoral program.
- 2020 Communication graduate Carli Alvarez will start her Ph.D. program at the University of Illinois-Carbondale this fall.
- He sang the national anthem during our commencement ceremony, and now Christopher Rodriguez is headed to the Doctor of Musical Arts program at the University of North Texas.
- 2020 Student of Distinction with her M.A. in English, Riley Thomas, is headed to the English Ph.D. program at Temple University this fall.
- Diego Marrero-Pérez came to Fresno State from Puerto Rico and is now headed to the University of Nevada, Reno, to pursue his Doctor of Musical Arts in cello performance.
Did we miss you or someone else? Email Benjamin Kirk at email@example.com, and we’ll get you added to the list.