By Jefferson Beavers | Image: Ashley Wells, Anthony Cody, Monique Quintana, Erik Wilbur | Read full story at FresnoStateNews.com
Founded in 1995-96, the University’s Master of Fine Arts program celebrates its 25th anniversary this academic year. In those 25 years, a total of 38 alumni from the program have published their first books.
Alumni who can this year count themselves as first-time book authors are:
- Monique Quintana (2016) — “Cenote City,” a novella published in 2019 by Clash Books.
- Anthony Cody (2020) — “Borderland Apocrypha,” a poetry collection published in 2020 by Omnidawn Publishing.
- Ashley Wells (2012) — “The Cowgirl and the Racehorse: A Recovery,” a memoir published in 2020 by Lantern Publishing & Media.
- Erik Wilbur (2018) — “What I Can Do,” a poetry chapbook published in 2020 by Chestnut Review Press.
Read full story at FresnoStateNews.com
- 2020 College of Arts and Humanities Gift Guide
- Fresno State alumnus Anthony Cody finishes as finalist for National Book Award for Poetry, shares influential books
- Extended interviews with many of the program’s published authors can be read as part of the Fresno State Master of Fine Arts blog’s occasional On the Books series.