Ticket packages for the 2017-18 University Theatre season are now available online. Here are the shows audiences can look forward to next year:
- “A Particle of Dread (Oedipus Variations)” by Sam Shepard, Sept. 29-Oct. 7, directed by J. Daniel Herring
- “Native Son,” by Nambi E. Kelley, Oct. 27-Nov. 4, directed by Thomas-Whit Ellis
- “Two Gentlemen of Verona,” by William Shakespeare, Dec. 1-9, directed by Brad Myers
- Contemporary Dance Ensemble, Feb. 16-24, Artistic Director Kenneth Balint
- “Lydia,” by Octavio Solis, March 16-24, to be directed by new theatre professor Gina Sandi-Diaz
- “A Streetcar Named Desire,” by Tennessee Williams, May 4-12, directed by Kathleen McKinley
Evening performances begin at 7:30 p.m. Sunday matinees begin at 2 p.m. Order or renew your season tickets by emailing email@example.com. Season subscribers save 35 percent over the cost of buying tickets for individual shows.
The Theatre Box Office will reopen on Aug. 14.
Preliminary auditions for all fall 2017 shows are set for 6 p.m., Tuesday, Aug. 22, in the John Wright Theatre. Audition requirements: one memorized monologue, no longer than two minutes. Students without a memorized monologue will be assigned material at the audition. Callback auditions will be held Aug. 23 and 24. Scripts are available in the Theatre Arts Office: 559.278.3987.